So today I want to share a few proposal stats and a proposal story that I thought was oh so original!!
Love Bite #2: Proposals!
I had to use this pic..I actually have one from Taco Bell! lol
- 60% of men ask their future father-in-law permission for his daughter’s hand in marriage before popping the big question. (I like the tradition factor of this fact, I'm 20% traditional..lol)
- 33% of dating couples said they thought it would be OK to have their proposal broadcasted to the world.
- 49% of men prefer to plan and execute the proposals themselves.
- 38% of men would consult their friends and family for advice on the perfect proposal.
- 83% of men & women agree that dropping to one knee is the best approach when popping the actual question.Stats found on: http://www.engagementringquestions.com/engagement-ring-survey/#more-32
I love originality, so check out this cute, unique & original proposal!!
Jon & Rachel- Committment Theory Audio Book
Jon Proposed on 1/28/11
My fiance and I love listening to audio books before bedtime, so my proposal idea was to make up a book about commitment, record 3-4 minutes of it, and insert my proposal into it. And then at the end ask her to marry me. I came up with a book title: "Commitment Theory - What To Do Before You Say I Do". I wrote an intro, summary and a first "case study" of a guy (who was my voice) explaining how he went through each of the 5 steps of commitment to find happiness. Read More